Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Win32 file dialog changes and questions (e.g. U3)

From: "Graeme Lunt" <graeme.lunt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 20:18:21 +0100
Ulf,

> The Windows file dialogs now should:
> - show the common "places bar" - with buttons like: "My Documents",
> "Desktop", ...
> - show the "My Documents" folder as the default (fixes #301)
> As I don't have much knowledge of the U3 implementation I might have
> broken it (can't test). As I've change the default folder - which
> probably is different for U3 - could someone have a look at it
> (especially filesystem.c get_persdatafile_dir function)?

You didn't break it but I have just checked in (20441) a patch to provide a
better choice when running from a U3 device.

This patch actually creates a separate sub-folder called "My Captures" in
the U3 "Documents" folder to use as the default location to store Wireshark
captures (and open them from). This is the approach recommended by the U3
Deployment Guide.

Graeme