Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Win32 file dialog changes and questions (e.g. U3)

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 00:56:04 +0100
ulfl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=20433

User: ulfl
Date: 2007/01/14 11:28 PM

Log:
 fix #301: Windows file dialog should:
 - initially show the "My Documents" folder
 - don't use the "open folder" preference setting on save and alike dialogs (we don't do it in the GTK versions either)

Hi List!

The Windows file dialogs now should:
- show the common "places bar" - with buttons like: "My Documents", "Desktop", ...
- show the "My Documents" folder as the default (fixes #301)

I don't understand the: "File Open dialog behaviour" setting in the Preferences, but I've noticed that there are differences between the GTK and Win32 implementations. As the GTK version only takes the Open and Merge dialogs into account for this setting, and as this way the setting name makes more sense I guess this is the right implementation.

Could someone explain the purpose of this setting?!?
Should the various import dialogs also follow this setting?

As I don't have much knowledge of the U3 implementation I might have broken it (can't test). As I've change the default folder - which probably is different for U3 - could someone have a look at it (especially filesystem.c get_persdatafile_dir function)?

Regards, ULFL