Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] autogen.sh: configure.in:269: invalid unused variable name:

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:49:56 -0800
Stephen Fisher wrote:
I keep running into a gmake problem on FreeBSD after I svn up for the last week or so. It gives an error about SHAREDLIB_LDFLAGS. I then have to run autogen.sh and configure again before gmake before it will work again. When I run autogen.sh, I get this error:

configure.in:269: invalid unused variable name: `SHAREDLIB_LDFLAGS'

It seems related to Guy's recent addition of:

	SHAREDLIB_LDFLAGS="-Wl,-single_module"

Perhaps the AC_SUBST(SHAREDLIB_LDFLAGS) should be within the case/esac block so it only takes effect if the OS is Darwin? I'm not that good with autotools yet to know for sure.

Or perhaps it should be changed to LDFLAGS_SHAREDLIB or, if necessary, SHAREDLIB_LOADER_FLAGS; it appears from

	http://sources.redhat.com/ml/automake/2001-08/msg00046.html

that variable names shouldn't end with LDFLAGS. I'll try LDFLAGS_SHAREDLIB - I forget whether I tried that, found that auto* didn't like it, and tried SHAREDLIB_LDFLAGS, or not.