Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Add U3 package to the release process?

From: "Graeme Lunt" <graeme.lunt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 08:40:35 +0100
On 1/10/07, Maynard, Chris <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've used it and think it's actually pretty cool.  As long as winpcap is
installed on the PC, the U3 stick is all you need.

The latest U3 packaging will actually try and install WinPcap (if it
isn't already installed) the first time you run Wireshark from your U3
device.
When you remove your U3 device, if the U3 Wireshark installed WinPcap,
it will be removed leaving your machine clean.

I'm looking at other approaches (e.g. U3-specific "Install WinPcap"
menu item or automatically installing WinPcap when starting/preparing
the first capture) as I often don't want to/can't install WinPcap.

Graeme