Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] text2pcap once again

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 12:12:31 -0500

I don’t think you’re convincing anyone that you are actually aware of the header formats or you’d probably be able to figure this out, which is why Guy suggested you do a little more reading.

But I’ll try to help you along a little further:

The Ethernet header is a fixed 14 bytes as follows:

000000 00 e0 1e a7 05 6f 00 10
000008 5a a0 b9 12 08 00

Since the Ethertype indicates IP, the IP header follows next:

000008                   46 00
000010 03 68 00 00 00 00 0a 2e
000018 ee 33 0f 19 08 7f 0f 19
000020 03 80 94 04 00 00

Since the protocol indicated in the IP header is RSVP, the payload will contain an RSVP header, followed by its data:

000020                   10 01
000028 16 a2 0a 00 03 50 00 0c
000030 01 01 0f 19 03 80 11 01

(830 more bytes to follow ...)

I leave the rest of the details to you.  Still troubled?  Go back to Guy’s suggestion. :)  As a quick alternative, you might want to try looking at the information provided at the following web site, which I’ve found to be helpful:

http://www.networksorcery.com ->  RFC SOURCEBOOK (top of page) -> Protocols (Left pane) -> I -> IP.

Good luck,

Chris