Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Consensus needed on bug #813

From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 12:35:04 +0100
What about
Time since reference or first frame: 0.000000000 seconds
                              ^^^^^
versus
Time delta from previous packet: 0.000000000 seconds
                         ^^^^^^

Just wondering...

Best regards
Michael

On Jan 6, 2007, at 4:08 AM, Stephen Fisher wrote:

Can we get a consensus on whether or not to make the change suggested in
bug #813 so we can close it out? :)  I'm leaning toward making the
change, but that would mean also changing the display filter that people
are used to.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- -
In a sample output from tethereal on a debian box which corresponds to
what I see in ethereal on my XP box. The frame size is properly labeled
in the first line of output. On line 6 of output the frame length is
improperly being labeled as Packet Length:. Obviously this is a trivial issue, but since ethereal tries to be very strict in it's description of a frame, it is clearly inaccurate to say a packet is the same thing as a
frame. Hope this isn't too annoying a thing to point out.

1 Frame 1 (60 bytes on wire, 60 bytes captured)
    Arrival Time: Mar 13, 2006 14:59:10.977241000
    Time delta from previous packet: 0.000000000 seconds
    Time since reference or first frame: 0.000000000 seconds
    Frame Number: 1
    Packet Length: 60 bytes
    Capture Length: 60 bytes