Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Microsoft Visual C Version 6 support isa bitoutdated ...

From: Andrew Hood <ajhood@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 23:59:53 +1100
Ulf Lamping wrote:
> Andrew Hood wrote:
>
>>http://groups.google.com/group/mailing.openssl.users/browse_thread/thread/72c89ea76c253905/76f8cbdc64a6efd6?lnk=st&q=MSVC+%22X509_NAME%22&rnum=1#76f8cbdc64a6efd6
>>
>>and
>>
>>http://groups.google.com/group/mailing.openssl.users/browse_thread/thread/e01d1192f0ff788e/985b19d72f4829bc?lnk=st&q=MSVC+%22X509_NAME%22&rnum=2#985b19d72f4829bc
>>
>>both refer to this X509_NAME issue.
>>
>>Adding /DNOCRYPT to GNUTLS_CFLAGS in config.nmake seems to work with
>>MSVC2005
>>

> Thanks for pointing it out!
>
> As the threads suggest, this isn't a direct problem with the MSVC
> version used, but if a Platform SDK is used or not.
>
> I've tried:
>
> Visual Studio 2005 compiles without errors (/DNOCRYPT or not)
> Visual C++2005 Express Edition + Platform SDK gives the errors on
> openssl.h (/DNOCRYPT or not)!
>
> So I've changed the config.nmake accordingly, with a new
> PLATFORM_SDK_DIR setting -> if a platform SDK is used, don't compile GNUTLS.

I'd be tempted to add /DNOCRYPT to GNUTLS_CFLAGS rather than not compile it.

"Microsoft Visual Studio 8" includes the Platform SDK v2.0.50727 and
Microsoft.NET Framework v2.0.50727

vs32vars.bat puts both "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\PlatformSDK\include" and "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\SDK\v2.0\include" in the INCLUDE.

Recompiling zlib according to the MSVC7 hints seems to work.

I also get errors if I set HHC_DIR. In VS8 the hhc.exe program is in
"C:\Program Files\HTML Help Workshop" but includes and libs are in
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK" so the
HHC_CFLAGS and HHC_LIBS point to the wrong directory.

                -- Dr. Who