Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Building 0.99.4 under MacOS X (fixes)

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 12:55:35 -0800
Andreas Fink wrote:

Problem #1: LDFLAGS make ./configure fail.

I would need to add -Wl,-single_module to LDFLAGS (otherwise we get errors speaking about multi module)
I can not do this like above because ./configure not wanting to compile.
Solution is to add it to the LDFLAGS lines of wiretap/Makefile and epan/Makefile after the ./configure by hand.

I've checked in a change that adds -Wl,-single_module to libwireshark and libwiretap on Darwin (whether the Darwin happens to be bundled with WindowServer, Finder, and iTunes or not :-)).

Problem #2: Missing LUA files

The files wslua/dtd_gen.lua and wslua/console.lua seem to be missing (Make looks for them) Copying them over from the previous install directory solves this. Why are those missing?

I've checked in a change that should cause those to show up in the tarballs.