Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Microsoft Visual C Version 6 support isa bitoutdated ...

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 15:41:14 +0100

> It wouldn't be this one by any chance? Quoting myself from December 05
> <45741D6E.2080308@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> In openssl.h I had to change the typedef for X509_NAME and all the
> places it is used to something else because of some error I suspect (but
> couldn't prove) is a name clash. X509_NAME_SCREWS_UP_MSVC8 seems to be
> acceptable to the compiler.

Yes, exactly. But I don't tend to change the library sources (with the need to tweaking it each time a new gnutls version comes along) - we might need to talk to the gnutls developers for a new release with a fix for this.

In the meantime, I can live with gnutls simply disabled in config.nmake for now - as it's just optional.

> But as I said then, the binaries would not run.

Generating with the patches from Laurent (already checked in) my binaries are just running fine. There's need for me for some minor tweaking left (e.g. test correct unicode handling, installer, ...), but the general process is just working ok. ;-)))

However, I've only tested it on MS Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition with latest Platform SDK - I will test it on the 2005 Studio later.

Regards, ULFL
Jetzt gratis testen! http://freemail.web.de/home/landingpad/?mc=021130