Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Compiling under MSVC 6.0 - simple Q, clear cut A ?

From: Sleep Less <sleepless_tlv@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:26:43 -0800 (PST)
Hi All,
from Andre Martin's recent (Nov 2) posting it is not clear to me if Wireshark
can be indeed compiled under MSVC 6.0 in a hassle free manner?
The developers doc is really partial, e.g on page 24 section 2.6.2 the nmake example
seems to give an example of a failure, not of the correct usage.
Also instruction on how to run wireshark on MSVC6 debugger (2.5.3) are missing.
So I'd be most appreciative on anyone who has done it can give a short description of what it involves.
Initial system is assumed to be a "clean" MSVC 6.0, no other tools, Windows XP SP2.
thanks,
Haim