Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] sigcomp - accessing state with a partial state id > 6 bytes

Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:56:29 +0100
hi!

it seems that wireshark fails to access a previous saved state when the
specified psi is longer than 6 bytes. and yes, the state was saved at
END-MESSAGE(); at least this is what the debug message reports.

here is the scenario:

1. sigcomp pkt with bytecode is recv. sucessful decompression,
END-MESSAGE makes a state create request. state is saved (it seems that
only the first six bytes of the state id are kept; no idea why)
2. sigcomp packet tries to access prev. saved state with a partial state
id. partial state id is longer than 6 bytes and wireshark fails. since
one of the peers is able to decompress it I suspect there is a problem in
wireshark.

thanks!
bye now!
cristian