Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Why replace ntohl() with g_ntohl()?

From: "Shaun Jackman" <sjackman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 13:38:06 -0700
On 11/24/06, Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
But why do all that autoconf work at all when glib has already done it
and is guaranteed to provide a g_ntohl()?

Because one method obfuscates the source code, and the other doesn't.
autoconf solves this problem the correct way, by fixing the issue for
the programmer without requiring that she change the way she writes
her code.

Cheers,
Shaun