Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Why replace ntohl() with g_ntohl()?

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 09:52:19 +0800

Shaun Jackman wrote:
This task seems to be a fundamentally broken idea. Why use a funky
g_ntohl -- or any g_xxx function for that matter -- when there's a
perfectly good, standard library function, namely ntohl?

If a particular architecture doesn't provide ntohl, one may use
autoconf to detect this case and provide ntohl. This case is the
primary reason for using autoconf.

But why do all that autoconf work at all when glib has already done it and is guaranteed to provide a g_ntohl()?