Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Slow loading of WS 0.99.4 - any ideas?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:51:47 +0100
Hi List!

Some people reported much slower initial loading of WS 0.99.4 on Windows compared to previous versions.

It seems that it stays in the "Init Dissectors" text on the splash screen for about 13 seconds!

Name resolutions was completely switched off, so this shouldn't be the problem.

As I cannot confirm this on my developer machine, anyone else seeing this or have a clue what's the cause?

Regards, ULFL