Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Query regarding pdus

From: Andrew Schweitzer <a.schweitzer.grps@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 12:41:10 -0500
prashanth joshi wrote:

Hi ,
I wanted to know what exactly is a PDU. Where is the length of the pdu defined in the PDU.

I believe a PDU is a "Protocol Data Unit". I believe it is the application layer packet that has been wrapped into TCP or UDP, or the "payload" of TCP or UDP. It's length is specified by whatever protocol is used to fill that payload, so it varies from protocol to protocol.

Regards,
Prashanth.

Sponsored Link

Degrees for working adults in as fast as 1 year. Bachelors, Masters, Associates. Top schools <http://forms.nextag.com/goto.jsp?url=/serv/main/buyer/education.jsp?doSearch=n&tm=y&search=wrkg_adults_1yr&s=3968&p=5036>