Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How do I make use of my dissector.

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 17:44:35 -0800

On Nov 17, 2006, at 5:11 PM, Neha Chahal wrote:

Is there a hueristic dissector I can follow to write my dissector. Can someone please point me to a sample program or some documentation on this.

A heuristic dissector won't work in this case, as it can only be called from another dissector for the protocol your protocol runs atop, and the UDP dissector won't be called in your file, as you don't have UDP headers in the file.