Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] dissector not shown in 'Analyze', 'Enabled Protocols'

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 12:28:44 -0800
Stephen Fisher wrote:

All protocols properly registered should show up in the analyze -> Enabled Protocols. How is yours registering itself? For example:

        dissector_add("tcp.port", EXEC_PORT, exec_handle);

If the protocol is what I suspect it is (given questions she's asked on the tcpdump-workers list, it's probably WiMAX), she might not yet have a value with which to register (yes, I know - right now I'm up to my eyeballs in work and other things; hopefully I should be able to assign a DLT_ value next week), so she might not be registering her dissector yet.

If not, it won't show up.

It'll ultimately be

	dissector_add("wtap_encap", {the value I assign}, wimax_handle);