Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] dissector not shown in 'Analyze', 'Enabled Protocols'

From: "Cruz, Petagay" <cruz_petagay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 14:30:47 -0500
I am trying to write a new dissector.  I followed README.developer.   The object file for the dissector is apart of libwireshark.so.  But when I start wireshark and under the Menu:  'Analyze', 'Enabled Protocols'  the dissector is not listed.  How can I check to see if a dissector is available in wireshark?  At this time I do not have sample protocol files (pcap or otherwise, or live).  Is there a log file for wireshark to show it is having a problem with a 'new' dissector?
thanks

Maria Cruz
Associate
Booz Allen Hamilton