Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Glib.h Missing???

From: Thomas Boehne <TBoehne@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 10:35:36 +0100
Anders Broman (AL/EAB) wrote:
> Have you downloaded the required libraries by running:
> nmake -f makefile.nmake setup ?
> If you have built before you may have to do nmake -f makefile.nmake clean_setup and nmake -f makefile.nmake setup
> to get the latest versions.

I ran into the same problem with glib.h missing today, and I think there
may be something wrong with win32-setup.sh (or the current cygwins cygpath):

I think the line that causes trouble is this one:
DEST_PATH=`cygpath --dos "$2"`

I added some code to make it more verbose:
	echo "cygpath --dos $2"
	DEST_PATH=`cygpath --dos "$2"`
	echo "DEST_PATH is now: $DEST_PATH"

Now the output of "nmake -f makefile.nmake setup" contains these lines:
cygpath --dos C:\wireshark-win32-libs
cygpath: cannot create short name of C:\wireshark-win32-libs
DEST_PATH is now:
****** glib-2.12.4.zip ******
No HTTP proxy specified (http_proxy and HTTP_PROXY are empty).
Downloading gtk2.8/glib-2.12.4.zip into , installing into glib
File `glib-2.12.4.zip' already there; not retrieving.

I have seen this behaviour just after a cygwin update; maybe this
changed the behaviour of cygpath.

Best regards,
Thomas B�hne

--
J�ger Computergesteuerte Messtechnik GmbH
Thomas B�hne