Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] AppleTalk fix?

From: didier <dgautheron@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 22:18:39 +0100
Hi,
Le jeudi 16 novembre 2006 ᅵ 18:35 +0100, Jaap Keuter a ᅵcrit :
> Hi,
>
> If you can check this, that is great. I've no knowledge of this protocol
> nor access to the resources you have.
Did it and for me wireshark is right, an appletalk node (a client,
server or router) is asking for the default zone name (like a workgroup
name for windows) and if there's no router on the network it won't get
an answer, it's common appletalk traffic.

ATALK_PS80211 2D-3 is junk data used in the trailer.

> I found this in a customer trace. I also look them over for anomalies,
> This was one of them. Maybe I can pick up some more information when I get
> on site.
>
> What does ATALK_PS80211 2D-3 for anyway? Is it a device or AP?
No idea.

Didier