Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Regarding bug 948 - capture vs preferences

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 17:27:28 -0800
I am looking at bug #948, "Apply capture preferences not applying."
The problem reported is that if you update a preference such as "Update
list of packets in real time" and hit apply/OK then go to the capture
options screen, the change is not reflected there.  Glancing at the
code, it looks like these preferences are only synchronized in main()
when the program starts up - for example: capture_opts->promisc_mode =
prefs->capture_prom_mode;

Does anyone see any reason why updates to the capture options in the
preferences should not also update the capture options without having to
restart the program?  I don't think it should work the other way around
though - the capture options screen feels more like per capture options
to me.

Steve