Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] tvb parameter

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 13:51:14 -0800

On Nov 9, 2006, at 1:19 PM, prashanth joshi wrote:

The tvbuff_t * tvb parameter passed to the dissect_gtp : Does it contain only the gtp packet?

Only if there are no other protocols running atop GTP. It contains the GTP packet including any "payload", which might include protocols running atop GTP.

Or the buffer tvb contains the data corresponding to all the protocols including the gtp protocol..

No. It does not include any data from the protocols atop which GTP runs.