Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Questions about frame buffer

From: "Neha Chahal" <neha.chahal@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 17:04:48 -0800
Hi

I have a question about wth->frame_buffer. Does the plugin library
(i.e the code that I am writing) have to initialize this buffer or is
it done by wireshark internally. in what case will this buffer be
empty. Currently my program is crashing becase the frame buffer is not
initialized properly (looks like).

I was refering to the snoop.c file and I didnot see anything bieng
initialized there. Also the README.developer doesnot say anything
about this frame_buffer or the wtap structure and if we have to open
the file.  I am not initializing any of these structures and I am not
opening or closing any files.

I am not able to understand what could be the problem. Please if
someone could suggest something.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Neha Chahal