Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Release 00.99.4 missing file?

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 09:35:49 +0000
Ulf Lamping wrote:
>> I let cygwin do its default thing, plus adding in the additional
>> downloads required for the Wireshark documentation. Then I went back to
>> an earlier version of Bash. I only installed cygwin to get Wireshark
>> working so it should be standard.
>>
>> The file system is NTFS.
>>

> Hi!
>
> I have these problems too, but didn't found a good way to handle this with the cygwin python. The hint that the PATH should not be too long might be an idea, as my PATH is very long - but I currently don't have the time to figure it out.
>
> The only solution which reliably works on my machine is to use the native windows port from python.org and change the settings in config.nmake accordingly.
>
> I would like to return to the cygwin python (for easier build environment setup), but I've already spend hours to try to fix this without any success :-(
>
> Even worse, it *sometimes* do work but most of the time not ?!? I'm really stuck here to find a good solution :-(

Very odd.  My wireshark dev is carried out on a much abused XP system
that has all sorts of odd junk installed on it.  My path (from a command
shell) is 653 chars long before vcvars32 and 797 chars after.

I used to use a native python (I believed that it was faster), but
switched back to the default cygwin one time time ago with no problems
at all.

--
Regards,

Graham Bloice