Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Release 00.99.4 missing file?

From: "Bill Florac" <bill.florac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 16:00:57 -0600
FYI,

I don't seem to have major problems with the CYGWIN version of Python.
I can build the latest using...
  cygwin    python 2.4.3
  cygwin    bash 3.1.17(9)
  microsoft nmake 6.0.0.8167.0

I did have to convert the following files to UNIX format. I expect it
has something to do with the version of bash.
.\tools\win32-setup.sh
.\make-tapreg-dotc

I also had to run setup and get the latest libs..

Source code (19859) was obtained using the GUI tortoise SVN (1.4.0,
build 7501).  I took an older copy (0.99.3 which also works) and updated
it to the latest.

Since this is the first time I tried to build since 0.99.3 it seems that
some things have changed (but they do that) The correct DLLs are not
found when you run wireshark.exe from the root directory (root of the
build). It does work correctly if run from .\wireshark-gtk1. I looks
like there were changes in the install-deps routines. I assume this was
by design.

I can not get the gtk2 version to run. It spits out this errrorfailed:
error about
Pango-ERROR **: file shape.c: line 75 (pango_shape): assertion failed:
(glyphs->num_glyphs > 0) aborting...
Then again, I really don't care at the moment. GTK1 work fine for me.

Bill