Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Release 00.99.4 missing file?

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 14:39:51 +0000
Robert Trybis wrote:
> Under XP I have got as far as trying to build Wireshark 00.99.4.
>
> Unfortunately the build fails because of “env: python: No such file or
> directory” when it gets to building dissectors.
>
> I was a bit surprised by this as I got a clean copy of the release and I
> am certain I have not deleted any files.
>
> The latter part of the build output is given below.
>

> Am I correct in saying the file packet-ncp2222.c  should be in the
> directory “C:\Program Files\wireshark\epan\dissectors” ?
>
> Any idea why it is missing and what is the best way for me to resolve
> the problem?

<SNP>

packet-ncp2222.c is produced by the build process running python on
ncp2222.py.  The python installation used is set by the config.nmake
setting for which the default value:

PYTHON=env python

causes Cygwin python to be used.

Your earlier mail with the output of nmake -f makefile.nmake
verify_tools showed that Cygwin python was available on your system then.

--
Regards,

Graham Bloice