Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] net-snmp modules missing?

From: Radek Vokál <rvokal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 13:15:40 +0100
Thomas Anders wrote:
Radek Vokál wrote:
Wireshark is linked against libnetsnmp
libnetsnmp.so.10 => /usr/lib/libnetsnmp.so.10
which is present on my desktop but I see it complaining for

Cannot find module (IP-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (IF-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (TCP-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (UDP-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMPv2-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMPv2-SMI): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (UCD-SNMP-MIB): At line 0 in (none)

What is wireshark actually searching for? It disappears when I install
full set of net-snmp packages ..

What OS version? What net-snmp packages do you have installed when you
get this?

Please note that packaging net-snmp-libs with just the libraries, but
without the MIB files, like you seem to be doing on Fedora/RHEL, is
problematic exactly due to the above issues. Rather off-topic here,
though, so please f'up-to net-snmp-coders for any further discussion on
this one.

You're right. I think I will shift this discussion to net-snmp list rather about moving MIBs from core package to lib package which IMHO makes more sense. Thanks for pointing me to this.

Radek