Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Verify installed tools failing

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 17:21:18 +0000
Robert Trybis wrote:
> I am trying to work my way through the Developer Installation on a
> Windows XP machine, but tools verification seems to fail;
>
> I have got Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 installed.
> The installation of Cygwin and its additional packages seemed to go
> okay, I can open a bash window.
> I downloaded the wireshark-0.99.4 sources using SVN
> Running nmake to verify the tools fails though, the output is given
> below.
>
> Any ideas what is going wrong and how to correct it?

It is likely that you have tripped over a Cygwin bash problem where the
latest version expects *nix line endings.

Check your bash version by using "bash --version".  AFAIK 3.1.17 or
earlier are OK.  If you have a later version I think you can downgrade
using the Cygwin setup app.

As it seems unlikely that the Cygwin folks are going to revert the
change I think we should do something about this issue, e.g. passing the
"-O igncr" option to bash.

 --
Regards,

Graham Bloice