Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Problem due to segmentation of GTP packet.....

From: prashanth joshi <prashanthsjoshi2000@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 04:59:45 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,
Please any one solve my problem. Every body here are struggling to solve it, but no body is getting the solution.
Regards,
Prashanth.

Our trace file contains 5 GCDR 's  within the same GTP packet.
The first four CDR's are correctly parsed. How ever the fifth is not at all displayed. It was observed that the tcp segmentation occured after the fourth cdr.
As a result the fifth CDR even though it is present in the data stream is not at all parsed by the ethereal.
It seems as TCP fragments are reassembled only at the destimation and ethereal sniffs packets off the wire even before the packets reach the destination ( ie within the n/w and not at the destination ) only the 4 cdr's are displayed. And the fifth cdr when it arrives in the stream much later is not recognized by the ethereal becos it can recognize the cdr only if there is gtp header attached to it.
The gtp header had arrived with the first four cdrs'. So ethereal does not recognize the fifth cdr as there is no gtp header with it.
So how to solve this problem...
Regards,
Prashanth