Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Retrieving the SVN repository version

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 12:24:59 +0000
Peter Johansson wrote:
>> AFAIK there is no specific svn client recommendation for Win32 Wireshark
>>  work, then maybe it should be set to the svn command line tools, which
>> would ensure svnversion is available.  If developers then want to use
>> additional tools so be it.
>>

> There is one svn client mentioned in section 2.13.2 "Win32 native:
> TortoiseSVN" of the Wireshark developers guide (
> http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html/#ChToolsTortoiseSVN ).

Obviously my "knowledge" didn't extend as far as actually reading TFM. :-(

But as Ulf mentioned, there is no harm in asking devs to install the
win32 native svn command line client for build use.  Folks don't have to
use it for day to day stuff, and it doesn't affect TortoiseSVN at all
(until you have mismatched versions that alter the wc in some way).

--
Regards,

Graham Bloice