Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Retrieving the SVN repository version

From: "Bill Meier" <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 22:35:50 -0500
> And now it get's ugly ;-)
>
> If I try to use svnversion (in the WS sources dir) under cygwin I get:
>
> svn: This client is too old to work with working copy '.'; please get a
> newer Subversion client
>
> This is due to the fact that I'm using TortoiseSVN (SVN 1.4.x) on my
> everyday work but the cygwin version in the PATH is still "svnversion,
> version 1.3.2 (r19776) compiled Jul 14 2006, 22:16:08."
>
> Although I agree that svnversion is the way to go in principle, it will
> produce new problems on the Win32 platform :-(
>
> Any ideas welcome ...

Ulf:

FWIW: I use the Windows 1.4 Subversion package downloaded from
http://subversion.tigris.org/project_packages.html
w/o any apparent problems.
(I've never downloaded the Subversion package available from the cygwin
site).

I'm no expert on all this so I don't know if requiring the use of the
'native' Windows version is an appropriate approach to this issue.

Bill