Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] patch to eyesdn wiretap module

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 02:05:41 -0700
Rolf Fiedler wrote:
I checked, channel 128 is used for ATM cells and channel 129 for layer 1
indications like "G.708 synced" which are shown as frames.

The ISDN dissector doesn't know anything about either of those. Neither of those are ISDN (B-ISDN maybe, but not classic ISDN), so it's not clear that they *should* know about them.

Should the eyesdn Wiretap module return a link-layer type of WTAP_ENCAP_PER_PACKET for eyesdn files, and supply link-layer types of WTAP_ENCAP_ISDN for channels 0 through 30, WTAP_ENCAP_ATM with a pseudo-header indicating that the frame is an ATM cell for channel 128, and something appropriate (which might have to be added) for channel 129?