Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Follow TCP Stream: stream directions wrong?

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 22:21:13 -0700
On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 12:30:40PM +0800, Jeff Morriss wrote:

> Is it just me or (with 0.99.3) does Follow TCP Stream get the stream
> directions wrong (e.g., in the list of stream directions to show, just
> to the right of the Print button)?  The directions seem to be reversed
> (e.g., if I select "my PC --> the web server" I see the contents of
> the web page but if I select "web server --> my PC" I see the GET
> request, etc.).

When I click on a packet from my PC -> the web server then go to Follow
TCP Stream, it shows up correctly.  However, when I click on a packet
from the web server -> my PC and go to Follow TCP Stream, it is reversed
(the GET is shown for the web server -> PC) .  Is this the same behavior
you're seeing?

Steve