Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] build fails - cannot find AUTHORS-SHORT

From: Joe Breher <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 19:24:37 -0600
Ulf Lamping wrote:
Giorgio Tino wrote:
        xcopy ".\AUTHORS-SHORT" wireshark-gtk1 /d
File not found - AUTHORS-SHORT
0 File(s) copied
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'xcopy' : return code '0x4'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\VC98\BIN\NMAKE.EXE' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

Any idea? Thanks

P.S. AUTHORS-SHORT is NOT missing, it is in the right place I think... This error occurs either if I update my old version, or if I download the HEAD in a new directory and try to compile there...

Don't understand. The AUTHORS-SHORT file exists in the root source dir but xcopy don't find it?!?
This is likely not relevant. However, I make the observation that xcopy is known to NOT be reliable when used with long (greater than 6.3) filenames. The way xcopy hashes long filenames down to 6.3 is not deterministic.