Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Install failure at configure stage

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 09:56:03 +0800

Joe Breher wrote:
Joerg Mayer wrote:
On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 10:16:19AM -0600, Joe Breher wrote:
checking for ucd-snmp/ucd-snmp-config.h... yes
checking whether UCD SNMP includes sprint_realloc_objid... no
configure: error: UCD SNMP requires -lcrypto but --with-ssl not specified
[jbreher@martor wireshark-0.99.3a]$
What in the last line of configure containing the error: message
is hard to understand?
Well, the fact that there is an error due to the fact that UCD SNMP seems to be unhappy about some lcrypto thingy isn't too hard to understand. What is unclear is WTF I should do about it. Do I need to rebuild UCD SNMP, specifying --with-ssl before I can build wireshark? If so, how would I go about doing this? There is no info that I have seen in the install instructions that indicate that this may be a possibility. I am merely trying to follow the install instructions for a generally released version of the source, on a dirt-common OS.

So now that we've all had a laugh at the noob, can anyone help me resolve this issue?

Sorry, my post was a question to the developers to help make it easier for people in general.

Anyway, for your case, just reconfigure Wireshark like this:

./configure --with-ssl

(or)

./configure --without-ucd-snmp

depending on if you want SNMP (first case) or not (second case).