Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Related Information (again)

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 21:15:44 +0200
Graeme Lunt wrote:
Attached is a screenshot showing "Related Information" for the x509af
elements and OIDs
Not bad, I like it!
It also shows the FI_URL item shown as underlined - this is totally separate
from "related information" now.
Makes sense.

Still unsure if it should be FI_URL or FT_URL, but we can easily change this later :-)
I think it is probably already too busy, and could use a "do not display
related info icon" option for experienced users. However, the icon space
could be usefully used for a number of things.
What do people think?
I would think that the icon should be displayed after (right side of the) the field text. Can this be achieved? Logically you would first read the text and then seek for related infos.
Yep - probably a (i) icon.
The (i) icon is usually used for help pages. The related info is a slightly different topic (or not?). Still unsure.

Regards, ULFL