Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] win32: nmake setup: can't find cl

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 21:05:35 +0200
Cook, Timothy wrote:
I also have CYGWIN make package installed & can compile Wireshark with
MS VC 6.  I don't have CYGWIN in my path or includes pointing to CYGWIN
when I open a COMMAND prompt to build.
To answer all, with the intended way things should go:

cygwin's path
The right way is to let config.nmake append cygwin to your path, so it's automatically set if you start a nmake Makefile.

The CYGWIN_PATH setting should be set correctly to: c:\cygwin\bin (the default) or whatever your path to cygwin is.

See the very last line in config.nmake how the PATH is then appended.

nmake vs.cygwin make
There shouldn't be a problem with cygwin's make installed or not (we use nmake which obviously shouldn't interfere). If there are problems, please provide the console output - the message "it doesn't work" won't help a lot ...

So make sure that CYGWIN_PATH is set correctly (and the other settings in config.nmake), otherwise you'll probably ran into problems.

Regards, ULFL