Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Fwd: And again BER errors while decodingH248packets

Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:28:01 +0200
On 9/25/06, ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Are these zero length constructs actually allowed by the standard?

If they are not it might be better to just abort dissection completely
with a "[malformed packet]" message.

I honestly do not know if the standard allows for that, however,
I do not agree with aborting dissection en tout. I believe that if we
can decode it we should, but an error label  (expert info) should be
added to the item.

Luis

-- Marshall McLuhan