Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] win32: nmake setup: can't find cl

From: "Jacques, Olivier \(OpenCall Test Infra\)" <olivier.jacques@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 14:08:34 +0200
> Tim,
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> > Have you done the following:
> >
> > Do you intend to build using MSVC & CYGWIN tools?
> > Was your Win32 build environment setup using the Developers Guide,
> > sections 2.3 & 4.6.2?
>
> Yes.
>
> > If you intended to use MSVC & CYGWIN tools, a command prompt [DOS
> > prompt] is the way to go!
>
> This is what I was using (and I have been compiling Wireshark/Ethereal
> for over 2 years).
>
> > Also ensure that you have run vcvars32.bat before calling
> nmake.  This
> > is normally in "Program Files\Microsoft Visual
> studio\VC98\bin".  This
> > sets lots of important paths and env vars for MSVC6.
>
> This was done too.
>
> For the records, the issue vanished by re-installing cygwin
> from scratch
> (without any other change). Something was screwed up there.

A follow-up on issues when building wireshark on win32.
I found out that if Cygwin "make" package is installed, Wireshark cannot
be built anymore under win32 (cannot find "cl" and other dependencies).
It might be a conflict between Cygwin's make and "nmake".

Does someone else have the issue? For now, when I build Wireshark, I
first have to remove Cygwin's make.

Thanks,
Olivier.