Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] OS X libjpeg conflict - not a wireshark problem?

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 15:19:51 -0700
On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 03:18:19PM -0700, Stephen Fisher wrote:

> There is a problem on OS X between the system's jpeg library and one
> installed by DarwinPorts in /opt when running Wireshark from the build
> directory.

The symptom is this error:

sfisher@shadow:/usr/local/src/wireshark>./wireshark
dyld: Symbol not found: __cg_jpeg_resync_to_restart
  Referenced from:
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/ImageIO
  Expected in: /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.62.dylib

Trace/BPT trap
sfisher@shadow:/usr/local/src/wireshark>