Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Related Information (again)

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 22:18:14 +0200
Graeme Lunt wrote:
Well, it actually doesn't need a new type (FT_URL) as the FI_URL is
sufficient.
Unsure. Having a string tagged as an URL *might* be awkward, however didn't thought about it too much.

It might be better to see what other developers think.
See the attached patch (which works with my previous patch). This shows as underlined and allows the item to be double-clicked on (like
FT_FRAMENUM).
However, there may be other reasons to add a new type?

The patch also allows for the display of an icon (currently the
WIRESHARK_STOCK_INTERNET) to indicate that an item has related information.
Not sure how I feel about the icon at the moment (it's a prototype). What do
you think? (I can send a screendump if need be.)
You may provide a screenshot as I didn't applied your patch.

The icon itself can be changed later - at least if we have an idea what it should show :-)

Regards, ULFL