Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Related Information (again)

From: "Graeme Lunt" <graeme.lunt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 20:46:47 +0200
Ulf,

> >> I guess this will present the field in the protocol
> >> details tree as a link (similar to "go to frame" fields)
> >> to open it in a  browser? Sounds
> >> reasonable.
> >>

> > It doesn't do this at the moment - but it easily could.
> >

> Hmmm, thinking of it again, it might be a better idea to have
> a FT_URL
> (and the corresponding proto_tree_add_url() functionality)
> instead of an
> FI_URL. This would make this field automatically "clickable" and
> displayed as a link (blue, underlined).
>
> If it's an URL it will usually be displayable (or at least
> downloadable
> or similar) by a browser so that's the way to go here IMO.

Well, it actually doesn't need a new type (FT_URL) as the FI_URL is
sufficient.
See the attached patch (which works with my previous patch).
This shows as underlined and allows the item to be double-clicked on (like
FT_FRAMENUM).
However, there may be other reasons to add a new type?

The patch also allows for the display of an icon (currently the
WIRESHARK_STOCK_INTERNET) to indicate that an item has related information.
Not sure how I feel about the icon at the moment (it's a prototype). What do
you think? (I can send a screendump if need be.)

Graeme