Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Should we check value_strings for NULL termination while reg

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 16:27:59 -0700

On Sep 22, 2006, at 3:21 PM, ronnie sahlberg wrote:

Well   an easy way to make sure all of them are properly terminated
with a {0,NULL} is by using variadic macros.
Unfortunately not standard until c99   but been part of GCC forever.

But not necessarily a part of various vendor compilers forever, and people *do* use vendor compilers on UN*X to compile Wireshark (Sun C, HP's C compiler, and IBM's xlc, to name three that, as I remember, are used to compile Wireshark).