Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Crash after Init dissectors (read_hosts_file)

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 12:51:29 -0700
Shelly Cadora wrote:
Maybe I'm getting a little closer here... It looks like fgetline is failing when it tries to read from the hosts file. The file pointer returned by eth_fopen(hostspath, "r") in the read_hosts_file function is bad.

"Bad" in what sense?

If it's null, the open failed - but the current SVN version of Wireshark, at least, checks for that, and just gives up.