Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Patch to allow plugins to use IEEE 802a OUIExtended Ethertyp

From: "Anders Broman" <a.broman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 08:13:30 +0200
Checked in.
Brg
Anders

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] För Pelton, Dave
Skickat: den 20 september 2006 05:16
Till: wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ämne: [Wireshark-dev] Patch to allow plugins to use IEEE 802a OUIExtended
Ethertype

Hello list,

I am building a wireshark plugin for a proprietary protocol that is
using the IEEE 802a (OUI Extended Ethertype) standard.  I noticed in the
wireshark source code that there is a helper function to allow OUIs to
be registered with the 802a ethertype (ieee802a_add_oui), but it is not
exported in the windows libwireshark.dll.  The changes to enable this
are small, but unfortunately it means I must provide an updated version
of the libwireshark.dll to all users of the plugin - it would be nice if
this was part of the next wireshark release.

I have attached a (tiny) patch, gzipped as per instructions on the
development webpage, that adds the ieee802a_add_oui function to
libwireshark.def, and also adds the OUI that I am using to a couple of
internal lists (in epan/oui.h and dissectors/packet-llc.c).

Please let me know if these are unsuitable for the mainline source, or
if I should submit the patch in a different form.

- Thanks,
  David Pelton.