Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] plugin proprietary dissector for Wireshark 0.99.3

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 20:03:41 -0700

On Sep 19, 2006, at 2:14 PM, Jaap Keuter wrote:

proto_tree_add uint(vppn_tree, hf_dest_id, tvb, 0, 0, packet_info.dl_dst);

Not quite - he wants the last byte of packet_info.dl_dst.data, and should check (as I did in my example) that it's a MAC address and 6 bytes long (MAC addresses *should* be 6 bytes long, but that extra check is a bit of defensive programming; who knows what sort of protocols some genius might have given a 5-byte "Ethernet address" field to).