Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] WireShark crashes when I try to use a filter on my plugin di

From: "Gilbert Ramirez" <gram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 19:38:32 -0500
On 9/19/06, Bill Fassler <bill.fassler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks Guy, Jaap et al for helping me through this.  My plugin dissector
seems to be working pretty well until I try to filter on something.  When I
open the expression box and then expand my plugin filter(s), as soon as I
select the field I want to filter and click my mouse on it, the whole
application crashes and closes.  It doesn't seem to be an isolated anomoly.
I've been able to repeat the process and recreate the problem with
consistency.

Here is a snippet from my protocol field array which happens to be what I am
trying to filter on (although I think it crashes no matter what I try to
filter on)

    { &hf_ctrl_cmd,
      { "Control Channel Command",
        "vppn.cmd",
        FT_UINT8, BASE_HEX, VALS(control_channel_commands), 0x0,
        "", HFILL }},

I don't define or declare vppn.cmd anywhere other than here, did I miss
something or do something wrong?

In your control_channel_commands value_string array, is the last record:

{ 0, NULL }

?

Wireshark needs that terminating record to know when to stop iterating
across the value_string list.

--gilbert