Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] newbie build problem with python -> gnutls/openssl.h

From: Andrew Feren <acferen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:32:05 -0700 (PDT)

--- Shelly Cadora <scadora@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey, guys.

[ snip ]

>   If I try the make again without doing a clean first, then I get a
> different error:
>   packet-dtls.c
> C:\wireshark-win32-libs\gnutls-1.5.0-1\include\gnutls\openssl.h(94) : error
> C205
> 9: syntax error : 'type'
>
>   Line 94 in openssl.h is a "typedef gnutls_x509_dn X509_NAME".
>   That's as far as I've gotten.  I don't know why it finds the file the
> second time I run nmake and then I don't know why it barfs on that typedef.

I ran into the same typedef problem last night.

I haven't figured out why the MS compiler is choking on that typedef yet.

I changed X509_NAME to FUBAR_TYPE and the compiler was happy.  You could
probably just comment out the typedef and functions that use it since I don't
see any evidence that Wireshark actually calls those functions or uses that
typedef.

I would, however, love a better explaination than just because it seems to
work.

-Andrew

-Andrew Feren
 acferen@xxxxxxxxx