Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 19254: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trun

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 19:15:14 +0200
On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 05:39:56PM +0200, Ulf Lamping wrote:
> BTW: Why is this dissector named dcp and uses dcp as it's filter string?!?
>
> The specs uses "Datagram Congestion Control Protocol" and DCCP everywhere, so this is quite confusing to use dcp for the filter.

That was discussed when the dissctor was sent to the list: There already
is a dissector for a protocol named dccp, so dccp got the name it had in
early stages of its name: dcp. We just don't have a solution to handle
protocols with the same name - that is going to happen from time to
time (the earliest time we had this problem was to rename packet-sccp to
packet-skinny).

 ciao
    Joerg