Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] UPnP protocol questions about wireshark

From: "Niu Mingqiang" <caple992@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 10:08:18 +0000
Hi,

I am sorry to trouble you. Now I am trying to analyze the UPnP protocols with wireshark.

UPnP protocols include SSDP, GENA and SOAP, which are over HTTP, while HTTP is over TCP or UDP. The problem is that these protocols are not based on a known port, that is, when the UPnP packets come from the network or the air, you won't know which port it will pass by. So, you can't listen on a known port for them like other protocols.

1) It is my great honor that if you could tell me something about such protocols. Or maybe there is a sample? 2) Another problem: I have write the "packet-foo.c", "plugin.c", "Makefile.nmake" and "Makefile.common", which are put in "foo" directory. I put the "foo" diretory in plugins directory, compiled them in VC6, but the "foo" directory won't be compiled. I just compiled the other parts.

I learn the wireshark according to Developer-guide-doc, but I think it is not enough for a newer to master this tool.Can anyone give me some advices?

Best Regards.